Wednesday, April 9, 2014

We Know the Gender!

My husband and I gave our final guesses last night before we went to bed...

"Girl." My husband says.

"Boy." I say.

Secretly, I think we both said the gender we were both a bit scared of having. Scared of the unknown, you could say.  He grew up with one brother and I grew up with one sister. What you know is always easier.   He knows boys...and I know girls...

And now I know boys, too. We have a ball-throwing, furniture-moving, dirt-grabbing vivacious little one-year-old boy who is going to be a big brother in September.


So, I guess it's going to be all dirt and dump trucks 'round here because...

We are having another boy!



Brett and I drove separately to the OBGYN this morning and on our way out I looked at him while laughing and said, "I guess I'm going to need to toughen up! All boys in the house!"

I drove home thinking about what my future is going to look like with two boys: weekends filled with backyard dirt piles and bugs in jars, sports games and wrestling, loud farts and burps.

I even think to when they get older and meet girls. (My heartbeat spikes a bit.) I can't imagine my babies growing up and liking girls!  How do I talk to boys about stuff like that? And then my anxiety lessens as I realize they have an amazing dad as a God-fearing, loving man to look up to! 

I'm so excited for our future and our boy-filled home!

I guess I should finally learn how to rig a fishing pole...Brett's been bugging me to learn. ;)


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment